As my wedding draws ever nigh (nigher? Is that a thing?) I am spending more and more time on beauty. I want to look gluminescent (yes, that is a word I just made up) at the wedding. Because, y’all, people are going to be looking at me the whole time. For like 12 hours, people will pretty must just be looking at me. So, you know, I don’t want to let them down by being less than gluminescent. So, because I’ve been spending countless hours researching (and spending lots of money) I thought I would share with y’all some tips that have definitely been working for me. Is this post vain? Superficial? Silly? Possible, but it’s also fun and informative so there.
1. Argan oil is all thing wonderful. Get thee to a Sephora and purchase some Josie Maran Argan Oil stat! I am completely enamored with it. And shocked a bit as well because my skin had always been on the oily side so using oil on it seemed absurd, but I decided to try it after reading countless stellar reviews and I am officially hooked. Hooked like a sea bass y’all. I Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil at night by itself and in the morning I mix about 4 drops of it in my SPF moisturizer. I’ve been doing this for about 3 weeks and can already see a huge difference in my skin. It’s softer, my pores are smaller, and there is a certain glow. Also, remember my search for the perfect lip balm? I found it. It’s Josie Maran’s Argan Balm and it’s magical.
2. Green tea all day everyday. I’ve always been a big green tea fan, but recently I’ve been drinking around 3-4 cups a day and not only do I think it’s helped contribute to my skin glow, I also think it’s helped me stave off my typical afternoon cravings. Which is good because I have a fabulous dress to fit into.
3. Vaseline. I read an article in Elle by a dermatologist that said vaseline is actually one of the best eye moisturizers out there. So, because I’m pretty easy to convince, I tried it one night. I woke up the next morning with very happy looking under-eyes. Usually, no matter how much sleep I’ve had, I wake up with under-eyes that look like I’ve joined a fight club (which I haven’t, but if I had I wouldn’t tell you about it because first rule guys….). Not so much anymore. I have tried all manner of eye brightening cream and nothing has worked for me as well as vaseline. Go figure.
4. Water water everywhere- you better drink every drop. So, I have to pee like all the time, but my skin is way clearer and smoother. Drink that water y’all.
5. Primer is a thing you should use. I always thought primer was just a way to make people like me spend more money but actually it’s a thing you should use. For everyday I use “That Gal” by Benefit and for special event when my makeup must be flawless, I use the Vitamin E Primer by Korres. Both are amazing. I get a special little glow from the Benefit primer that I like for everyday but the Korres primer is way better for my flawless glam face. Also, I don’t use it they way you’re supposed to because I’m a make-up rebel y’all. I actually mix the primer with my makeup or tinted moisturizer. It always looks better when I do that. I don’t know why, but it does.
I have loads more tips but I have to save something for the next post, right? Do you guys have any tips you want to share? I would love to hear them! (Or, you know, read them.)